Veterans Need VHIC For Commissary, Military Exchange, MWR Access

The Defense Department has announced expanded Commissary, Military Service Exchange and MWR access Jan. 1 and established a standard for physical access to military installations. Veterans who are eligible and want to take advantage of in-person benefits must have a Veterans Health Identification Card, or VHIC. Primary Family Caregivers must have an eligibility letter from VA’s Office of Community Care.

Learn more about the requirements and how to obtain the VHIC by reading the VA article explaining this change.